Saturday, October 18, 2008

One Fits All

A few years ago my daughters were reading The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (in Japanese, of course). My Japanese is not at the native level, so I usually have to ask my children what they are reading - a very backward way to parent, I know. It sounded like an interesting story. Four childhood girls friends and one pair of pants, how the pants are worn by each in turn as they journey through life, and how the pants keep them all together as friends even after they've grown and separated.

Here's an article that takes a look at how those magical pants are like our Lord, Jesus Christ. Now I'm thinking I had better work more on my Japanese, so I can read that book, too. Or, I could search for the English original, couldn't I? It's been made into a movie now, so another option is to wait for it to come out in DVD.

No comments: