Saturday, December 27, 2008

When it snows, she has no fear.....

We're having a terrific snowfall. It just keeps on coming down, and it is beautiful. I took a picture of my kids shoveling the driveway. I guess I'll have to add it on here later since my cell phone connection wasn't strong enough to send it to my computer successfully. Anyway, I got a chuckle out of watching them. One had her umbrella up while trying to brush snow off the car. Another was using a wild-looking bamboo broom. A fleeting moment when you think..."only in Japan!"

Then verses in the Bible about snow started coming to me, and this one from Proverbs about the exemplary wife/manager of house and home (which usually gets me all depressed) came to me with a brand new imagery. (Dear Lutherans who may be reading this, please correct me if I'm wrong to read this verse this way!)

Proverbs 31: 21
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet
.

As the cold, the winds and the snow increase, I can be confident that Christ's shedding his scarlet blood as a covering for my family. I need not fear (as I daily do) that they are not clothed in Christ. They have been baptized.

My prayer for today is that I not shrink from teaching them and proclaiming the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, so that they will know and trust that "all of them are clothed in scarlet."

No comments: